Our client is an Amsterdam-based team of 25 (and counting) with 10+ nationalities amongst them – a varied bunch of “Citizens of The World” with a range of cool skills and hundreds of thousands of kilometers under their travel belts. They also have something important in common (other than their very well-worn passports): They want to change the way people travel. And that’s exactly what they’re doing, with the travel app to plan, track, and remember trips in a smart and beautiful way. They have over 5 million users already, but, this is just the start. You see, there are amazing new features on their roadmap, and they need even more talented & ambitious people to help them on their journey.
They’re a small team, doing big things.
If you haven’t seen their app yet, go ahead and check it out. You’ll see that they care (a lot) about providing a seamless, top-quality user experience for every one of their travelers. And this has got them ratings of 4.8* and 4.7* on the app stores (where they’ve been featured multiple times) They’ve got an impressive past, but even more excited for the future — and the impact you can make from day one is huge, with everything you ship affecting more than 4 million users. Despite their vast user base, they believe in giving their team members the freedom they need to craft things to perfection — while also encouraging a pragmatic mindset to avoid under- or over-engineering mishaps. They are seeing an enthusiastic and accelerated recovery of the travel industry — and with that comes both opportunities and growing pains (especially in the complex, multi-layered travel domain). So, if on top of the challenges inherent to feature development, you enjoy thinking about the performance and scalability aspects of a platform, you’re in for a treat.
What your journey will look like day-to-day.
– Work closely with their co-founder and CEO, their Head of Engineering, their backend engineers on all things related to their platform.
– Make sure that the mix of Heroku and AWS services that power their API and are consumed by their web and mobile apps, is running smoothly 24/7 to support their travelers around the world.
– Take part in daily interactions with product owners, designers, other engineers, and the rest of their team — they believe in a deeply collaborative environment.
– Proactively improve the resiliency, maintainability, and scalability of their platform — addressing technical debt when needed or, even better, preventing it when it makes sense.
The equipment in your backpack
What they’re hoping you’ll bring with you.
– A strong backend background. They work with Python (Flask) and would love it if you are familiar with that, but they are also open to other technologies — they care most about the soundness of the solutions you architect, not the language you choose for their implementation.
– A pragmatic approach to solving the problem at hand. You shouldn’t be scared to tackle big challenges relating to performance, scaling, or refactoring that five-year-old piece of legacy code.
– A history of working on complex backend systems, preferably for a product company.
– Experience working in an Agile team environment.
Bonus points for Python, Flask, FastAPI, messaging queues (Celery, RabbitMQ), scalability of relational databases, Heroku, AWS, and General DevOps tasks.
1st class extras
Some cool things to make the journey extra sweet.
They believe the best products are built by people as diverse as the travelers using their apps! That’s why they specifically encourage people currently underrepresented in the tech industry to apply for a role with them. Because they believe that diversity — be it age, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, or gender identity — makes both the world and the workplace better.r.
Interested? Hit the APPLY-button and we will get back to you shortly.
Would you like to take part in making scientific research more accessible, useful and help humanity solve our biggest challenges? Then...Apply For This Job
For our client, a trading platform from the USA, we are in need of a senior Backend Developer. This company...Apply For This Job
Our client is an Amsterdam-based team of 25 (and counting) with 10+ nationalities amongst them – a varied bunch of...Apply For This Job
Their mission is to revolutionise the way creatives are created. Their Creative Automation Platform empowers brands and agencies to scale creative...Apply For This Job
We understand the limitations and potential of intelligent automation, whether you’re just getting started on your journey or looking to...Apply For This Job